Serving – 2 persons
Time Required - 20 minutes
- 1 cup roasted rava/sooji (semolina)
- 1 cup beaten yoghurt (curd)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp of Zilli's Red Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup of chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of grated carrot
- 1 tsp of ghee
- 2 stilted green chillies
- 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of urad dal
- 1/4 tsp of channa dal
- Put curd in a large bowl and mix semolina in it. Add 1/2 cup water in the batter and maintain a thick consistency.
- Add some more water if you feel the batter is thick. (optional)
- Keep aside the batter for 10 minutes, till it gets fluffy. After 10 minutes, add baking soda and mix it well. Your idli batter is prepared.
- Apply oil on the microwave idli container and start pouring idli batter into the same. Set the microwave for 3 minutes on medium power.
- When the idlis are prepared, with a help of a knife, carefully remove them from the microwave idli container and transfer in a bowl.
- Chop the idli into four parts and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, put ghee and let it heat.
- Add cumin, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal to it and let pot up.
- Add salt, green chilli, carrot, cabbage, cauliflower and let it cook to 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped idli, to the pan, mix well and cook it for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Vegetable idli is ready. Serve it peanut chutney or coriander chutney.
- Rich source of proteins, fiber and carbohydrates.
- No fats
- Increases digestion
- Increases energy
- Controls the blood sugar level
- Comfort to sleeping
- You can add increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients as per your taste.