Sarson Da Saag Recipe
1. Sarson leaves – 4 bundles, washed and coarsely chopped
2. Palak leaves – 1/2 kg, washed and coarsely chopped
3. Methi leaves – 1 bundle, washed and coarsely chopped
4. Bathua leaves – 1 bundle, washed and coarsely chopped
5. Green Chillies – 4 pcs
6. Coriander powder – 2 tsp
7. Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
8. Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
9. Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Zilli's Garlic Powder – 4 tsp
12. Zilli's Red Onion Powder – 2 tsp
13. Zilli's Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
14. Zilli's Green Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
15. Onion – 1, finely chopped
15. Ghee – 3 tbsp
16. Makki flour – 1 tbsp
1. Take sarson, palak, methi and bathua leaves and green chillies in a pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook fro 2-3 whistles. Once cooled down, make a paste using a blender. Keep it aside
2. Heat ghee in a kadai. Add onions and saute till it turns light brown in color.
3. Add Kitchen D’lite Garlic Powder, Kitchen D’lite Onion Powder, Kitchen D’lite Ginger Powder, Kitchen D’lite Green Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Garam Masala and Salt. Cook it on a low flame till it leaves the sides of the kadai while stirring occassionally.
4. Add the sarson paste and makki flour. Mix it well. Let it cook on a low flame for about 30 minutes with the lid covered. Stir it occassionally so that the paste does not stick to the bottom of the kadai.
5. Once done, add the lemon juice. Mix and turn off the flame.
6. Serve it hot with Makki di Roti. Add a tsp of ghee on top for that extra flavor. Enjoy!
Stay Safe! Stay Aware!
Kitchen D'lite is now Zilli's!