Tamarind rice | Puliyodharai
Serving – 2 person
Time Required - 20 minutes
- 6 dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon channa dal
- 1/4 teaspoon methi (fenugreek)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Zilli's Ginger Powder
- 2.5 teaspoon Zilli's Tamarind Powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- a pinch of hing
- salt to taste
- 1.5 teaspoon jaggery or 1 teaspoon jaggery powder
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1 sprig coriander leaves
- .Heat the pan. Add 4 dry red chilllies, corainder seeds, 1 tsp channa dal, 1 tsp urad dal,methi and sesame seeds.
- Stir often roast them on low flame.
- Roast until urad and channa dals become light brown.
- Keep the mixture aside for 10 mins to cool down.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar.
- Add black pepper and ginger powder.
- Grind to make a fine powder. Keep powdered spices aside.
- Take a bowl, add tamarind powder and water.
- Stir well till no lumps are formed and keep the tamarind paste aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, 1 tsp channa cal, 1 tsp urad dal and peanuts.
- Stir until the dals become light brown on low flame.
- Add curry leaves and stir a little.
- Add 2 dry red chillies and stir a little.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and hing then give it a stir.
- Add tamarind paste. Stir till it comes to boil.
- Add jaggery, and stir till the jaggery dissolves on low flame.
- Cook till the mixture becomes a thick chutney.
- Add powdered spices and mix well on low flame.
- Mixture is ready.
- Take a bowl, add cooked rice and the mixture. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tamarind rice is ready to be served.