Palak Matar (Spinach Peas) Recipe
Serving – 2 person
Time Required - 40 minutes
- 200g palak (spinach)
- 1/2 cup peas or frozen peas
- 3 medium size tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp pudina (mint) leaves
- 2 tsp Zilli's Green Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Zilli's Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Zilli's Tomato Powder
- 1/2 tsp Zilli's Red Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Zilli's Lemon Powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp methi (fenugreek) powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp of milk or 1.5 tsp of whipped cream
- Pressure cooker palak and water, let it have 4 whistle.
- Cool down the boiled palak and blend it an blender along with pudina aand coriander leaves.
- Keep aside the palak puree.
- Take a pan, add mustard oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin and dry red chilies.
- Add tomato to the pan and close the lid cook in on medium flame for 5 minutes so that it softens a little.
- Add turmeric powder, green chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt to the pan and let it cook for another 3 minutes till the tomatoes loose the outer shell.
- Add peas and palak puree to the pan and mix well on high flame.
- Add tomato powder, ginger powder, garlic powder and red onion powder to the pan and close the lid. Let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flames.
- Add methi powder, garam masala and milk to the pan and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon powder the palak matar.
- Your palak matar recipe is ready to be served with roti and salad.
- Low in fat calories.
- Rich source iron.
- Rich in insoluble fiber.
- Good for heart and eyes.