Dry Kala Channa (Chickpeas) Recipe
Serving – 2 person
Time Required - 35 minutes
- 200g kala channa (Chickpeas)
- 1 tsp Zilli's Green Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Zilli's Lemon Powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garm masala
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 bay leave
- 1 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Soak the kala chana overnight. They become plump and all the wrinkles on them disappear after they are completely soaked.
- Boil the chana in a pressure cooker with 1 tsp salt for 20-25 minutes till the chana is cooked completely. Strain the chana.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp ghee. Splutter the cumin seeds.
- Add bay leave and dry red chilli.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chilli powder, black pepper, salt and some water.
- Add boiled channa and mix well. Cook for couple of minutes.
- Remember to keep on stirring so that the dry chana masala do not stick to the bottom of the pan. Garnish kala chana with chopped coriander leaves.
- And serve dry kala chana hot sprinkled lemon powder..
- Cuts Down Cholesterol Levels
- Rich In Iron
- A Powerhouse of Phytochemicals
- Protein Source
- Aids in Digestion
- Regularizes Blood Sugar