Delhi's Matar Chaat
Serving – 2 person
Time Required - 20 minutes
- 1 cup soaked and boiled green peas.
- 1 teaspoon Zilli's Red Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Zilli's Ginger Powder
- 1 teaspoon Zilli's Green Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Zilli's Tomato Powder
- 750 ml or 3 cup boiled green peas water
- 3 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sauf (fennel seeds)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango) powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped spring onion
- 1 chopped green chilly.
- .Take a bowl, add onion powder, ginger powder, tomato powder, green chilli powder and 500 ml or 2 cup boiled green peas water.
- Stir well till no lumps are formed. Keep the paste aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai (wok).
- Add cinnamon, bay leaves and sauf. Give it a quick stir and cook till sauf become light brown on medium flame.
- Add paste and keep stirring it till it comes to boil.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red onion powder and amchur powder. Stir well.
- Add boiled green peas. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup water. Stir occasionally.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on medium to low flame.
- Delhi's matar chaat is ready to be served.
- Transfer the chaat in a bowl, garnish with, coriander leaves, spring onions and green chilli.
- Delhi's Matar chaat is ready to be consumed hot.