Dal Paratha (Pigeon peas flatbread)
Serving – 2 persons (5 Paratha)
Time Required - 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup left over dal (Pigeon Peas)
- 1/2 tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Zilli's Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Zilli's Red Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of Zilli's Green Chilli Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Ghee for frying
- Add whole wheat flour and ghee in a bowl.
- Mix well using your fingers.
- Add dal and knead a soft dough.
- Add water if dough is hard (optional)
- Mix salt, red onion powder, garlic powder powder, ginger powder, green chilli powder and ajwain in a bowl.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a tawa or griddle.
- Make lemon size balls from the dough.
- Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch circle.
- Apply oil on the circle
- Fold the sides to bring them to centre.
- Apply oil again and then fold the dough to 1/3 rd and then again till the end.
- Dust and roll again to make a 5 inch square.
- Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.
- Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply ghee and cook again until nicely browned.
- Keep pressing the paratha with the back of a ladle while cooking.
- Serve paratha hot with pickle, curd or any curry.
- Garlic and ginger are to added to daily diet to
- Increase immunity,
- Help to fight infection,
- Reduce nausea,
- Anti-inflammatory &
- Increase Immunity
- Dal (Pigeon Peas) is rich in protein and other nutrients.
- You can add increase or decrease the quantity of the content as per your taste.