Sprout Salad is a colourful and delicious Indian-style salad. It is super easy to prepare and can be assembled in about 5 minutes with just a few common ingredients.
This Healthy Sprout Salad recipe features sprouted green moong beans tossed with a selection of vegetables and seasonings. It is light, crunchy, juicy, tangy, and refreshing and will keep you full for a long time. Adding Zilli’s Cold Pressed Spices and Powders will help spruce up the flavours without much effort!
Are you looking for a healthy salad recipe for weight loss? This salad is perfect for you. It is vegan, low-fat, high-protein, gluten-free, oil-free, and a powerhouse of nutrition and health benefits. You can make this sprout salad for breakfast, serve it as a side with your lunch and dinner, or munch on it whenever you feel the hunger pangs.
Here is the step-by-step recipe to make this healthy sprout salad:
Preparation Time: 4 minutes.
Cooking Time: 2 minutes.
Serves: 2 persons.
Course: Snack / Side Dish.
- 120g sprouts.
- ½ tsp Zilli's Red Onion Powder.
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Lemon Powder.
- ½ tsp cumin powder.
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder.
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies.
- 4 tsp chopped tomatoes.
- 4 tsp chopped cucumber.
- 4 tsp chopped capsicum.
- 4 tsp grated carrot.
- 5 tsp coarsely ground peanuts.
- Salt as per taste.
How to Make Healthy Sprout Salad:
Prep Work: Blanch the sprouts in boiling water for about 2 minutes till they are softened and drain off the water.
Assembling the Sprout Salad:
- Take the sprouts for salad in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, and Red Onion Powder. Mix well.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, capsicum, carrot, and green chillies. Toss it nicely.
- Add the coarsely ground peanuts and toss again.
- Season with Lemon Powder and mix well.
Your Healthy Sprout Salad is ready to be served!
Tips and Variations for the Healthy Sprout Salad:
You can use any variety of sprouts for the salad, including green moong bean sprouts, chickpeas sprouts, kala chana (black chickpeas) sprouts, kidney beans sprouts, etc. You can add two or three varieties of sprouts to your salad.
Feel free to add other vegetables to this recipe, such as beetroots, cabbage, blanched spinach, corn, avocado, red and yellow bell peppers, etc.
Use fresh sprouts in this recipe. Discard sprouts with an unpleasant odour, sliminess, or signs of mould or fungal on them.
Variations for Healthy Sprout Salad Recipe:
- Potato & Sprouts Salad: You can add boiled and diced potatoes or sweet potatoes to the salad to make it more wholesome and filling.
- Citrus & Sprouts Salad: If you want some tartness, add citrusy fruits such as sweet lime and orange to your salad. You can also add pomegranates and mangoes to make it more flavourful.
- Korean-Style Salad with Sprouts: Make Korean-Style Salad Dressing by mixing 4 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp sesame seeds, ¼ tsp Zilli’s Garlic Powder, ½ tsp salt, and 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onion in a bowl. Add the dressing over your sprout salad and toss well. For a classic Korean touch, use longer green mung bean sprouts.
- Mediterranean-Style Salad: Make your sprout salad in a Mediterranean style. Mix the sprouts, chopped tomatoes and onions, sliced olives, pomegranates, parsley, and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with some apple cider vinegar and olive oil, and enjoy!
- Sprout Salad Lettuce Wraps: Separate the lettuce leaves on a plate. Add a spoonful of sprouts on each lettuce, drizzle some salad dressing or hot sauce, wrap, and enjoy. Make the perfect combo by serving your lettuce wrap sprouts on salad plates with barbequed chicken!
- Chaat with Sprouts Salad: Turn your sprouts salad into a delicious chaat! Top with crushed papdi, sev, coriander chutney, khatti meethi chutney, and chaat masala.
- Sprout Salad Canapes: Want to have something fancy? Serve your sprout salads on store-bought canape shells. Sprinkle with sev, some chutney, and wow your guests!
Enjoy this healthy sprout salad at any time of the day.
Serve it for breakfast, as a side to your meals, or as an evening snack with your masala tea.
You can also use them as a filling for pani puri or add them to your bhel or papdi chaat for a yummy treat.