(Updated on March 11, 2023)
Kacche Kele Ke Kebab is a vegetarian Indian snack that is perfect for evening hunger pangs or your next dinner party. It is healthy, delicious, and made with simple and easily available ingredients.
This recipe features kebabs made with raw banana and rajma that are seasoned with a range of spices and pan-fried to crispy, magical perfection. It has a mildly spicy yet scrumptious taste with a melt-in-your-mouth texture and is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Prepare this recipe as an evening snack, pack it in your tiffin, or serve this at dinner parties, potlucks, and get-togethers. With Zilli’s Cold Pressed Spices, you also end up saving a lot of time and effort.
Here’s how you can make this irresistible kacche kele ke kebab recipe with rajma at home:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Serves: 7 kebabs (2 people).
Course: Starter, Appetizer, Snack.
- ½ cup rajma.
- 2 kacche kele (raw banana).
- 1 tsp Zilli's Ginger Powder.
- 1 tsp chaat masala.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 3-4 finely chopped green chillies.
- 3-4 sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs.
- 100 ml curd (strained).
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Red Onion Powder.
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Tomato Powder.
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder.
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Ginger Powder.
- 1 finely chopped green chilli.
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder.
- A pinch of garam masala.
- A pinch of turmeric powder.
- A pinch of coriander powder.
- A pinch of salt.
- 3-4 sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp oil.
- ½ tsp mustard seeds.
How to Make Kacche Kele Ke Kebab:
Prep Work: Soak rajma in water for 8 hours or overnight and boil them.
Boil the raw bananas with the skin on. Remove the skin once boiled.
Making the Kebabs:
- In a bowl, add the boiled rajma and boiled raw bananas. Mash them well with a masher, fork, or hand.
- Add salt, chaat masala, garam masala, ginger powder, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, and bread crumbs.
- Mix everything together to combine.
- Grease your hands with a few drops of oil.
- Take some of the kebab mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Flatten the ball with your hand and press it evenly from each side to form a patty-like shape. Repeat with the rest of the kebab mixture.
- Keep the kebabs aside for 10 minutes.
Preparing the Yoghurt Dip:
- In a bowl, add red onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, tomato powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Combine well and keep the seasoning mix aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for tempering. Add mustard seeds and let them sputter.
- Take a separate bowl. Add the strained curd with salt, cumin powder, coriander leaves, and a teaspoon of the prepared masala, and mix everything well.
- Pour the tempering over the yoghurt and spices. Stir to combine everything well.
Your Yoghurt dip is ready.
Pan Frying the Kacche Kele ke Kebabs:
- Heat a pan or tawa and grease it with some oil.
- Place the kebabs on the pan.
- Drizzle some oil over and around the kebabs.
- Cook the kebabs for 2 minutes over high heat.
- Flip the kebabs and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Apply some more oil if necessary. Once both sides are cooked well, your kebabs are ready.
- Transfer the kebabs to a serving plate alongside the yoghurt dip in a bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Your Kacche Kele ke Kebabs are ready to be served!
Tips and Variations for Kacche Kele ke Kebabs Recipe:
While boiling the bananas and rajma, don’t add too much water and avoid cooking them for too long.
You can coat the kebabs in cornflour before frying for a crispier texture.
The Kacche Kele ke Kebabs are softer in their texture. It is better to pan-fry or shallow-fry them and be gentle while flipping them.
Variations for Kacche Kele ke Kebabs:
- Kacche Kele ke Kebabs with Potatoes: Use boiled potatoes as a substitute for rajma in the recipe for a rich, creamier texture.
- Raw Banana & Chickpeas Kebab: You can add boiled and mashed chickpeas to this recipe in place of or along with rajma.
- Kacche Kele ke Kebabs with Matar: Green peas (matar) make an excellent addition to this recipe. Use boiled and mashed green peas instead of or along with rajma.
- Burger: Use the kacche kele ke kebabs as a patty for your burger.
- Kathi Roll: You can shape the kebabs like a seekh and wrap them in roti with other veggies to make a delicious kathi roll.
Serve the kacche kele ke bebabs hot.
Enjoy it with a yoghurt dip or coriander chutney on the side.
For a more vibrant flavour, garnish the kebabs with coriander leaves, a sprinkle of chaat masala, and a squeeze of lemon juice.