Khatti Meethi Chutney
Serving – 4 person
Time Required - 5 minutes
- 2 dry dates soaked in water for 2-3hrs and chopped
- 1/3 cup or 30g Zilli's Tamarind Powder
- 1 cup or 250 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Zilli's Ginger Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kalonji (nigella seeds)
- a pinch of hing (asafetida)
- 200g jaggery
- 1/4 teaspoon melon seeds
- Take a bowl, add tamarind powder and water.
- Mix well till no lumps are formed on high to medium flame.
- Add salt, black salt, cumin powder, ginger powder, garam masala.
- Mix well till no lumps are formed on high to medium flame. Keep the mixture aside.
- Heat a pan and oil. Add kalonji and hing. Saute a little.
- Add the mixture to it.
- Keep stirring it till it comes to boil on high to medium flame.
- Add jaggery and keep stirring till jaggery is completely dissolved on high to medium flame.
- You should get this desired consistency.
- Close the flame and add chopped dates and melon seeds (optional) and give it a quick mix.
- Let the chutney cool down for 30 mins so that it becomes thick. (this is optional step)
- Your kahtti metthi chutney is ready to be served.
Stay Safe! Stay Aware!
Kitchen D'lite is now Zilli's!