(Updated on March 07, 2023)
Jaljeera is a traditional and refreshing Indian drink that is widely popular all over the country. It is a cooling summer beverage that can be made in an instant with only a handful of ingredients.
This Jaljeera recipe is a real thirst-quencher and will keep you hydrated, especially during hot summer afternoons. It has a distinctly spicy, sour, and tangy taste that comes from flavourful spices, which is balanced by a touch of sweetness.
The numerous Jaljeera benefits make it an ideal summer drink. It is low in calories, has a cooling effect on your body, aids digestion, reduces cramps, and helps with weight loss by boosting metabolism.
Serve it alongside your lunch, during summer parties and family gatherings, or when guests suddenly drop by. With Zilli’s Cold Pressed Spices, you don’t have to worry about washing, soaking, and blending fresh tamarind. It is instant and perfectly delicious!
Learn how to make Jaljeera at home:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 0 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.
- 125ml or ½ cup cold water.
- ½ tsp Zilli's Tamarind Powder.
- ½ tsp black salt.
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt as per taste.
How to Make Instant Jaljeera with Tamarind Powder:
- Take a bowl. Add Tamarind Powder, black salt, cumin powder, sugar, and salt.
- Mix it well to prepare the Jaljeera Mix.
- Add cold water and stir well till there are no lumps left.
- Transfer to your serving glass. Garnish with boondi, mint leaves, or coriander leaves before serving.
Your Jaljeera is ready to be enjoyed. Drink immediately!
Tips and Variations for Jaljeera Recipe:
Use chilled water for your jaljeera to get the best flavour, and avoid diluting with excess ice cubes.
You can add one green chilli to spice things up. Make a paste using a mortar and pestle or grinder.
Add the boondi right before serving to prevent them from turning completely soggy.
You can make your own Jaljeera Mix Powder. Combine all the Jaljeera ingredients mentioned above (except the water) and store them in an airtight container. Add two or three spoonsful to chilled water and enjoy whenever you want to!
Variations for Jaljeera Recipe:
- Jaljeera Buttermilk: Combine all the spices from the Jaljeera recipe with one cup of curd and 2 cups of water using a blender or hand churner. Garnish with mint or coriander leaves, and your Jaljeera Chaas (Buttermilk) is ready!
- Pudina Jaljeera Recipe: Here’s how to make Pudina Jaljeera. Make a paste or puree of ½ cup mint leaves in a blender jar with a little water. Add it to your Jaljeera mix to make Mint Jaljeera!
- Pineapple Jaljeera: Prepare tangy and refreshing Pineapple jaljeera by blending chopped pineapple chunks in a blender and adding it to your Jaljeera ingredients.
- Cucumber Mint Jaljeera: Blend chopped cucumbers and mint with some water, add this mixture to your Jaljeera ingredients, and your cucumber mint jaljeera is ready!
- Jaljeera Soda: To make jaljeera soda, replace half of the water with some soda. Stir and enjoy!
- Jaljeera Virgin Mojito: Make a Jaljeera Virgin Mojito mocktail. Muddle some mint leaves and lemon in a glass using a muddler or a thick wooden spoon. Add your Jaljeera ingredients (except water), and top it off with some soda or sprite. Stir and enjoy!
- Golgappa Pani with Jaljeera: Learn how to make golgappa pani with Jaljeera. Make a paste by blending coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, Zilli’s Ginger Powder, Zilli’s Lemon Powder, and chaat masala with water. Add your jaljeera ingredients to it, along with water. Your jaljeera golgappa pani is ready!
Enjoy your Jaljeera chilled. Garnish with boondi, mint leaves, or coriander leaves.
Serve it before or after the meals.