Garlic Butter Popcorn is a fun, delicious spin on the classic popcorn. It is a simple, easy, and irresistible snack you can prepare within minutes right on your stovetop.
The fresh and light popcorn is tossed with delectable seasonings and garlic-infused butter until perfectly coated. The boldness of garlic and the kick of spice make this scrumptious garlic butter popcorn recipe a true crowd-pleaser.
It’s perfect for times when you’re settling down on the couch for a movie or having a small house party with family or friends. Make a buttery, garlicky, and flavourful bowl of popcorn and have a fun time.
Learn how to make garlic butter popcorn at home:
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.
- 60 gm popcorn kernels.
- 4 tsp butter.
- ½ tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder.
- ¼ tsp black pepper.
- ½ tsp oregano.
- Salt as per taste.
How to Make Garlic Butter Popcorn:
Preparing the Garlic Butter Seasoning:
- In a pan, add butter and melt it over medium heat.
- Add Zilli’s Garlic Powder, oregano, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- Stir it well to infuse the flavours and set aside to cool it down.
Preparing the Popcorn:
- Take a pressure cooker and add the popcorn kernels to it.
- Close the lid without the whistle.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Wait for the popcorn kernels to start popping.
- Once the popping subsides, turn off the flame and open the lid.
- Transfer the popcorn into a large serving bowl.
- Add the garlic butter popcorn seasoning and toss it thoroughly till the popcorn is evenly coated.
Your Garlic Butter Popcorn is ready to be served!
Tips and Variations for Garlic Butter Popcorn:
You can prepare the popcorn in a microwave as well.
If you don’t want to make popcorn at home, plain store-bought ones are fine too.
You can also add a smidge of oil to the cooker with the popcorn kernels.
Don’t keep the heat too high to prevent your popcorn from having a burnt flavour.
If you are making this for a party or a movie night, you can make a large batch of garlic butter popcorn seasoning in advance.
Variations for Garlic Butter Popcorn Recipe:
- Garlic Butter Cheese Popcorn: Take this recipe up a notch by adding your favourite grated cheese before serving.
- Lemon Garlic Butter Popcorn: Add Zilli’s Lemon Powder to the seasoning or sprinkle some at the very end for a zesty twist to your popcorn.
- Chilli Garlic Butter Popcorn: Use chilli flakes, chilli powder, or peri peri seasoning to take the spice level up a notch.
- Italian Garlic Butter Popcorn: Add herbs and seasonings like basil, thyme, and parsley to bring more colour and classic Italian flavours to your popcorn.
Serve it fresh and warm.
You can drizzle some hot sauce or sriracha over it and make it spicy.
Pair this garlic butter popcorn with an entire platter of snacks like marshmallows, M&Ms, almonds, peanuts, chips, wafers, etc., for a movie night.