Garlic Breadstick is a deliciously indulgent recipe we are sure you will love to make. It brings together two of our favourite comfort foods – cheese sandwiches and garlic bread – into an easy-to-make yet irresistible appetizer.
In this garlic breadsticks recipe, you have slices of bread slathered with flavourful homemade garlic butter, filled with gooey cheese, and toasted to perfection. The contrast between the crusty garlic bread and melted cheese makes it a delight in each bite.
Enjoy these garlic bread sticks with cheese as an evening snack, or serve them alongside soup and salad for a quick meal on busy days. It calls for just a few basic ingredients and can be prepared in minutes. And with Zilli’s Garlic Powder, you do not have to worry about dealing with peeling and mincing garlic.
Here is how you can make this easy garlic breadstick recipe at home:
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 3 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.
Course: Snack, Appetizer.
Cuisine: Italian, Fusion.
- 4 slices of white / brown bread.
- 2 slices of cheese.
- 50g grated cheese.
- ½ tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder.
- 3 tsp salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt to taste (if using unsalted butter).
- 1 tsp mixed herbs.
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes.
- 3-4 sprigs of finely chopped coriander leaves.
How to Make Garlic Breadsticks:
- Take room temperature butter in a small bowl.
- Add garlic powder, mixed herbs, red chilli flakes, finely chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Take 4 slices of bread and spread the softened garlic butter on one side of each bread.
- Lay a cheese slice over two buttered slices and top with some grated cheese.
- Put the remaining slices of bread over the cheese layers to form two sandwiches.
- Apply garlic butter on top of the sandwiches.
- Heat up the pan or tawa. Place your sandwich on the pan with the buttered side facing downwards and the plain side upwards.
- Gently apply the butter over the plain side of the sandwich.
- Cover with a lid and cook for a minute over medium flame or until the bottom is a nice golden brown.
- Open the lid and flip the sandwich over. Let it cook for another minute till the sandwich is golden brown on the other side and the cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, transfer your garlic bread sandwich to a plate. Slice it into 3 equal parts. Repeat with the second sandwich.
Your crispy and soft garlic breadsticks are ready to be served and enjoyed!
Tips and Variations for Garlic Breadsticks:
You can use different varieties of bread, such as multigrain, rye sourdough, brioche, etc., and make it fancier.
Adjust the quantity of garlic powder based on your preference.
Make sure to coat the entire surface of the bread with garlic butter to avoid uneven browning.
You can use a store-bought herb mix or make your own with dried parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
Cook the garlic breadsticks on low heat to ensure maximum crunch. Cooking it slow and low is better as you want to give the cheese time to melt properly but avoid burning the garlic and bread.
Variations for Garlic Breadsticks Recipe:
- Garlic Cheese Toast: Don’t want sandwich-style garlic breadsticks? Make it simple. Apply garlic butter on both sides and toast one side on the pan. Flip the bread (keep the toasted side on top), add a cheese slice, and sprinkle cheese, herbs, and chilli flakes. Cook on low heat until the cheese melts, and enjoy!
- Garlic & Pizza Breadsticks: Apply pizza sauce on the bread slice before you add the cheese and top with chopped onion, tomato, capsicum, and chilli flakes. Cover with the second bread slice and cook it like the recipe above.
- Garlic Naan Breadsticks: Give this recipe an exciting twist. Instead of regular bread, cook naan with garlic butter for complete indulgence in each bite.
Serve garlic breadsticks with tomato ketchup, pizza sauce, or marinara sauce as a dip.
Make a quick meal by pairing it with fresh salad and tomato soup.
It also goes well with potato wedges, chips, and onion rings on the side.