If you are a fellow pizza lover, this tawa pizza recipe is just what you need to satiate your cravings!
Tawa Pizza is a deliciously loaded and indulgent pizza that is super simple to prepare and gets ready in just 20 minutes, tops! The best part is that you can make this tawa pizza without oven and without yeast.
This instant tawa pizza is made by layering your pizza base with tangy and flavourful pizza sauce, a colourful assortment of vegetables, a dash of herbs and spices, and gooey melted cheese.
You can make this easy tawa pizza recipe without much effort. Each slice is scrumptious and satisfying – sure to make your evenings, weekends, and parties more fun and enjoyable.
Treat yourself to a tawa pizza at home. Here is how you can make it:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.
Course: Snack / Side Dish.
Cuisine: Italian / Fusion.
- 1 pizza base.
- 3 tsp Zilli's Tomato Powder.
- ½ tsp Zilli's Garlic Powder.
- 1 tsp Zilli's Red Onion Powder.
- 1 chopped onion.
- 1 chopped capsicum.
- 1 medium-sized chopped tomato.
- 2 tsp corn.
- 1½ tsp oregano.
- 1½ tsp red chilli flakes.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 4 tsp oil.
- ¼ cup water.
- ¼ cup grated cheese.
How to Make Tawa Pizza:
Preparing the Toppings:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add your chopped onion, capsicum, tomato, and coin to the pain.
- Toss them well on high heat.
- Season with salt, ½ tsp oregano, and ½ tsp red chilli flakes.
- Sauté them till the vegetables are 70% cooked.
- Transfer them to a bowl and keep them in the fridge to cool down.
Preparing the Pizza Sauce:
- Take a bowl. Add tomato powder, onion powder, and garlic powder, and mix well.
- Add water and stir to combine until there are no lumps left.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Pour your prepared pizza sauce mix into the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt, sugar, ½ tsp oregano, and ½ tsp red chilli flakes. Stir it well.
- Let it simmer over low-to-medium heat until the sauce has thickened well.
Making the Pizza:
- Heat up the tawa. Place your pizza base on it and cover with a lid.
- Cook the base on one side for a minute over a low flame. Gently lift the crust and take a peek underneath. It should have golden-brown spots on the bottom.
- Flip the base and transfer it to a plate.
- Spread your pizza sauce on the top evenly. Ensure that the entire surface is covered.
- Top with your cooked vegetables and grated cheese.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and chilli flakes.
- Place the pizza back on the tawa and cover with the lid again.
- Cook it on low heat till the cheese melts. When cooked, transfer it to a plate.
Your delicious tawa pizza is ready to be served!
Tips and Variations for Tawa Pizza Recipe:
We recommend a thick-bottomed tawa or pan for making the pizza.
Cook the pizza on a low flame to prevent it from burning.
Use a store-bought pizza base to make this tawa pizza without yeast or make the dough from scratch.
Add seasonings and herbs of choice, such as red onion flakes, black pepper powder, basil, and thyme, along with oregano and red chilli flakes.
You can include other toppings such as jalapenos, olives, red and yellow bell peppers, and mushrooms.
Variations for Tawa Pizza:
- Paneer Pizza: Fan of paneer? You can add dice up paneer (or tofu!) into small cubes and add to your pizza toppings with the rest of the veggies.
- Chicken Pizza: Make a wholesome chicken tawa pizza by adding cooked and shredded chicken to the pizza toppings.
- Bread Pizza: Don’t have a pizza base at hand? Use bread slices! Toast one side on the pan with butter, flip it, place your toppings, and cook till the cheese melts.
- Paratha Pizza: Here is pizza with a yummy twist. Roll out your paratha dough, place your toppings in the middle, and wrap it in by closing the dough together at the centre (like you do with Aloo Paratha). Gently roll out and cook both sides on the tawa. Slice and enjoy cheesy paratha pizza!
- Tawa Pizza without Cheese: Not a fan of cheese? Want something different for a change? Make a delectable white creamy sauce. Melt some butter, add maida, and sauté until lightly toasted. Add a splash of milk, red onion powder, and garlic powder, and whisk till the sauce thickens. Season with salt, sugar, black pepper powder, oregano, and red chilli flakes, and use it as a pizza topping.
Serve your pizza freshly baked and warm with a side of ketchup or marinara sauce.
Slice your pizza the traditional way or get creative and cut it into bite-sized pizza squares or strips for easy munching.
You can serve pizza with a light salad or garlic bread on the side.
Inviting friends or guests over? Pair it with your favourite mocktails or soft drinks.