Corn Salsa is a delicious, vibrant, and healthy snack and appetizer that is quick and effortless to make. This corn salsa recipe is the ideal representation of what we call ‘chatpata’ – a perfect blend of spicy, sweet, tangy, and savoury flavours.
Made with a handful of common pantry ingredients, this easy corn salsa can be assembled in a few minutes. The sweetness of the corn is balanced by the zesty lemon powder, the heat from the green chillies, and a medley of bright and bold flavours from other spices and seasonings.
Whether you are looking for an evening munchie, a colourful side dish for your meal, or an absolute party delight, this is the best corn salsa recipe for all your needs.
Learn how you can make this tasty corn salsa at home:
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 0 minutes.
Serves: 2 people.
Cuisine: Side Dish.
- 1 cup boiled / frozen corn or boiled baby corn.
- 1-2 small green chillies (finely chopped).
- ¼ tsp Zilli's Lemon Powder.
- 1 tsp Zilli's Red Onion Powder.
- 2-3 tsp water.
- 2-3 springs of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- ¼ tsp cumin powder.
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder.
- Salt to taste.
How to Make the Best Corn Salsa:
- In a medium-sized bowl, add Red Onion Powder and Lemon Powder along with some water.
- Mix well until you have a lump-free paste.
- Next, add corn, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin powder, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Toss all the ingredients well to combine. Give it a taste and adjust the salt, if necessary.
Your Fresh Corn Salsa is ready to be served!
Tips and Variations for Corn Salsa:
- We recommend using fresh corn for this recipe. You can prep them in advance by boiling corn kernels for 5-10 mins.
- If you are using frozen corn, you won’t need to cook them. Just rinse nicely with water and leave to defrost for 5-10 minutes.
- You can replace the green chillies with jalapeños or red chilli flakes. Remove the seeds from the chillies or jalapeños to bring down the heat.
- The flavours of this corn salsa enhance with time. You can make it a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
Variations for Corn Salsa Recipe:
Here are some corn salad ideas that will make this recipe more exciting.
- Grilled Corn Salsa: Grill some buttered corn until the kernels get charred and take on a smoky, roasted flavour. You can do it on a grill or even in an oven.
- Fresh Corn Salsa with Tomato: Toss in a diced tomato into this Mexican corn salsa to add a refreshing, tangy flavour.
- Corn Salsa with Vegetables: Add some colour, taste, and crunch to this recipe by adding finely chopped vegetables of choice, such as bell peppers, avocado, onions, cucumber, etc.
- Corn Salsa with Beans: Make your corn salad healthy and more filling by adding some cooked or canned black, white, or kidney beans. You can add more flavouring to balance the taste.
- Corn Salad with Mangoes: Mix some diced mangoes and red chillies in your corn salad for a burst of sweet and savoury flavours!
- Cheesy Corn: Add some grated mozzarella or crumbled feta to make it more creamy and delightful. Parmesan and cotija are also excellent choices.
- More Flavours: Experiment with spices and aromatics like basil, parsley, mint, oregano, chilli flakes, paprika, and Peri Peri masala mix.
Serving Ideas for Corn Salsa:
Serve this corn salsa with tortilla chips, naan chips, crackers, papad, or papdi. You can even layer it on top of loaded nachos with extra cheese.
You can use this delicious corn salsa for tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, and green salads.
This corn salsa recipe can also be a side dish to burgers, grilled chicken, seafood, or a BBQ main course.