(Updated on March 07, 2023)
Capsicum Cheese Toast is a quick, easy, and delicious Indian breakfast or snack recipe that offers a perfect way to satisfy your hunger pangs. Made with just a few ingredients, it takes a mere 20 minutes to make and is a hit among all age groups.
Our delicious capsicum cheese toast is made with red, yellow, and green bell peppers that bring in a whole lot of spicy-sweet goodness. The gooey, melted cheese pairs well with the crunchy toast, while the garlic powder and oregano pack a savoury punch. Delightful, cheesy, and scrumptious!
This one is a go-to recipe to prepare for breakfasts, brunches, lunch boxes, or evening snacks. It’s hassle-free and superb for parties too, especially when you’re short on time.
Here is how you can make this capsicum cheese toast at home in a few simple steps:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Serves: 3 people.
Course: Side Dish, Snack.
6 bread slices.
½ Green Capsicum (finely chopped).
½ Red Capsicum (finely chopped).
½ Yellow Capsicum (finely chopped).
3-4 small green chillies (finely chopped).
½ cup grated cheese.
2 tsp Zilli’s Garlic Powder.
2 tsp Oregano.
Salt to taste.
How to Make Capsicum Cheese Toast:
- Heat a tawa or pan on low flame.
- Place two slices of bread on the pan. Toast on one side properly till it turns golden and crisp.
- Transfer the bread slices to a plate. Keep the toasted side upwards.
- Start assembling your toast by evenly placing some grated cheese, chopped capsicums, and chopped green chillies on the bread.
- Sprinkle some salt, Zilli’s Garlic Powder, and oregano.
- Layer it with some more grated cheese on top.
- Place the assembled toasted slices on the pan with the non-toasted side on the bottom.
- Cover with a lid and toast them on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Turn the flame off and transfer the toasts to a plate. Cut them in half into triangles if desired.
Your capsicum cheese toast is ready to serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Capsicum Cheese Toast:
- You can use any variety of bread you prefer – white, brown, whole wheat, multi-grain, oat, and even sourdough!
- Pick your favourite cheese for the topping. You can use cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, or even a mix of two varieties.
- You can add fresh or dried herbs of choice to this recipe.
- Avoid using green chillies to make this recipe more kid-friendly.
- You can make this capsicum cheese toast in oven, frying pan, or even an air fryer.
Variations of Capsicum Cheese Toast Recipe:
- Capsicum Cheese Sandwich: Turn this into a hearty cheese capsicum toast sandwich recipe. Make a sandwich using the same ingredients or add more to your liking, grill it or toast it in a toaster, and serve hot.
- Masala Cheese Toast: Add some more finely chopped veggies of your choice, such as onion, tomato, mushroom, corn, olives, etc. Sprinkle some chilli powder, chaat masala, and fresh coriander along with the cheese.
Enjoy it as breakfast, brunch, or an evening snack along with a hot cup of tea.
Best served with tomato ketchup, schezwan sauce, or mint chutney.
It makes for an easy lunch when paired with a warm bowl of soup (e.g., tomato soup, chicken soup, spinach soup, etc.) on the side.
You can also serve this alongside a refreshing green salad as a healthy meal.