Yes, you can mix turmeric with milk to create a beverage commonly known as "turmeric milk" or "golden milk." Turmeric has been used for centuries in traditional medicine due to its potential health benefits, and mixing it with milk is a popular way to consume it. Turmeric contains an active compound called curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
When mixing turmeric with milk, you can follow these general steps:
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or plant-based)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder or freshly grated turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper (optional, as it can enhance the absorption of curcumin)
- Sweetener of your choice (such as honey, maple syrup, or sugar)
- Other spices like cinnamon or ginger (optional)
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Add turmeric powder or freshly grated turmeric to the milk.
- If using, add a pinch of black pepper and any optional spices.
- Stir the mixture continuously while heating to ensure the turmeric blends well and doesn't clump.
- Once the milk is warmed and the ingredients are fully mixed, remove from heat.
- Strain the milk to remove any remaining pieces of turmeric or spices if desired.
- Sweeten the milk with your preferred sweetener to taste.
Zilli’s Turmeric Milk Mix or Haldi Doodh Masala is an instant spice mix used to prepare the traditional turmeric milk latte – a warm and soothing beverage widely consumed across India. It is made using a blend of six ground spices, namely turmeric, fennel seeds, cloves, black cardamom, ginger powder, and cinnamon.
Our Golden Milk Mix has a mild fragrance and a classic, bold, and spicy flavour with earthy undertones. It is a fantastic immunity-boosting drink and offers a cosy and convenient way to get your daily share of turmeric and its umpteen health benefits.
Enjoy the indulgent and wholesome Haldi Doodh without the hassle. Add to warm milk and enjoy a creamy, velvety, and comforting cup of turmeric milk. 100% natural. No artificial flavours. No preservatives. Simply delicious!
Always be cautious if you have any allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients used. It's also a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before making significant changes to your diet, especially if you are taking medications or have underlying health conditions.